Thursday, October 11, 2012

365 | Day One of What the Hell Am I Getting Myself Into and I'm Not Making Any Promises

I'm gonna do this thing where I lie to myself and say that I'm going to post a photo every day for the next year.  This is my new blog project, and it's way too ambitious for me.  It would probably help if I had a smartphone to help me out a little, but for now I'll rely on my Canon, which I don't take anywhere with me, and half the time I can't remember where I put it.

Actually, today I'm going to post a photo that I didn't even take.  Casey got his proofs back today for his preschool pictures.  Anyone who knows Casey knows what this means.  Yep:



When it comes to Casey, you don't tell him to sing a song, recite the alphabet, do a dance, repeat a word, talk on the phone, converse with strangers (or friends), and you certainly don't tell him to smile for any camera.  He is shy and he is stubborn, and the combination is proving to be... well, probably a lot like I was when I was little (or maybe all the way through high school.  Pretty sure my physical reaction to shyness was to turn red and glare at people, too.  At least I understand where he's coming from.)  Not even his sweet teacher could convince him to get happy.  He normally reacts really well to all his teachers... but there was a camera, and the camera could see him.
Now I have to figure out how to buy these photos without buying a whole package.  I just want one or two for keepsakes.  It's just too 'Casey' to pass up.

No comments:

Post a Comment