Monday, October 3, 2011

The Word of Casey

I may have to revise this one non-stop!  These are just a few cute tidbits I remember from the past couple weeks...

On Friday, we were driving to McDonald's for a birthday party.  Colton, of course, was talking nonstop in the backseat, and Casey, who is usually pretty quiet in the car, suddenly yelled, "COLT!  Be quiet!!  I tryin' to talk to mom!!"

Then, while driving on Sunday.... um, Colton was talking nonstop.  'Cause that's just how it is.  About 15 minutes into the ride, Casey said, "Colton?", waited for Colton to say 'what', then said, "BE QUIET!"

On Saturday, he toddled on out to the living room where I was feeding Mackenzie, looked out the window, and said, "What the hellll?"  (don't know what he saw, and I'm not sure that's really the point anyway.)

Another Sunday, someone was helping me carry my things out to the car after church.  One of those 'things' included Mackenzie in her car seat.  When Casey saw someone pick her up and head towards the door, he ran to me and screamed, frantically, "They're takin' my sister!!  They're takin' my sister!!"

Halloween decorations-- we keep trying to convince Casey that the scary decorations are actually funny, not Bad Guys.  Last night, I dressed up our skeleton in Mackenzie's polka-dot onesie and a superman cape to render him less threatening (he even ate some of Casey's dinner and sat on the potty.  On a side note, Colton tried to reenact that this morning and dipped the cape in the toilet).  Then today, I hung up a huge, scary face in the window.  I was pretty sure it would be a no-go with Casey, but Shawn and I tried it anyway.  Casey was outside playing, so Shawn called him over to look at the window.  He stopped dead in his tracks with his eyebrows up and said, "Funny guy?  Bad guy?"  Then he saw me peek around the picture and said, "Bad guy got momma??"

This post is 'to be continued', I'm sure...

No comments:

Post a Comment