Friday, October 10, 2014

Hunting, Halloween, Mutiny, and Survival Basics

It's kinda childish, but I always wait until Shawn leaves for his hunting trip to break out the Halloween decor.  Like he's SO surprised when he comes home to find the house decorated every year.  But I am a dork, and a dork I will remain.  He left yesterday, and today after school the bins came out.

Never mind that last year, someone...... not saying it was me, but it was most likely me..... somehow mistook a small, real pumpkin for a fake pumpkin and packed that shit in a bin.  DESTROYED quite a few decorations with mold and stench.

THE HOUSE:  











Colton is decorating upstairs, and he just came down to inform me that Mackenzie's room is now called "Kenziestein Kindgom", and his and Casey's room is called......um, "Haunted House".

That is all for tonight, because they really need attention right now.

8:15 AM, A 'MORNING AFTER' UPDATE:  I broke up a fight at 1:30 AM (whaaaaaat??  Mackenzie slept in their room and brought a scary rat decoration to bed.  Casey decided in the middle of the night that he couldn't take it anymore and wanted to kick the rat out.  Arguments ensued...), again at 6 AM, and while I was in the shower at 7:30 AM.  And I was awake from 1:30 to 5:30, trying to read myself to sleep.  But I keep forgetting how good this book is, so it didn't work:



THEN... when I came downstairs after my shower, they were eating out of a box of Cheez Its for breakfast.  Is this some kind of anarchy situation?  With Shawn out of the house and only me to take down, are they attempting a teeny tiny stateless society?
(While I was typing that, Casey and Mackenzie were screaming at each other over Halloween stickers, so I kicked them out of the house.  I opened the door and said, "Get out."  They were actually pretty compliant with that one, even while looking at me like I was nuts.  I'll remember that for the future.)

This is possibly the least streamlined blog post I've ever written.  Time is an issue.  But I am headed to Party City now for Halloween costumes.  Let's see if I make it back alive...

TONIGHT:   We (sorta) made it through the Party City experience.  Just thought I'd add another update.  These particular antics made me fall on the floor, laughing.  Casey's superhuman 5-year-old brick wall strength shines in this photo:


For the record, they were laughing too.  Mack was marching around in her underwear, barking out Captain's orders, and the boys were running a police station restaurant that functions on one policy:  If you don't like what you're being served, you get tackled and handcuffed.

And Mackenzie is now repeatedly feeding her most beloved baby to the attacking skeleton hand candy bowl while soothingly telling her "It's okay, Beebie," then looking at me and saying, "Her wikes it."
 

Who raised these people??

4 comments:

  1. I enjoy your banters. You should do them more often :) ..........Look at that stupid smiley face I left you...It's soo stupid! I hate myself now!....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAAA!! Smiley faces are addictive. I overuse them because I always feel like people will somehow think I'm being bitchy if I don't accessorize my every thought with a face.

      Also, I thought you were Mom when I first read that comment, and that maybe she had been boozin a little. Suckin' back on Grandpa's old cough syrup.

      Delete
    2. I'm dying reading this comments from 6 years ago... I didn't realize that first comment was from Jake, I thought it was me also but I remember that is not an email that I've ever used. It's always fun to read your blogs a few years down the road !

      Delete