Saturday, January 19, 2013

Kingdom of... Heaven?

Saturday.  Casey and Mackenzie's Nap Time.  Let's Do This Shit.

Colton focused as I've never seen him focus to complete this project.  I only wish homework was that easy for him.


Admiring the finished product.  But.... but wait....



Behold!  On the horizon, a new enemy lurks!

The eager eyes, the wanton curiousity!

HE CAME TO DESTROY.


"Halt!  Who goes there?  Friend or foe??"  (Seriously, Colton actually said that exact line.  Mackenzie's $1.29 Goodwill Royal Carriage is always spewing nonsense like that.)



"Push all you want, peasant!  I will casually continue to enjoy this feast of grilled cheese while I fight you off with my one apathetic arm."





Aaah, the temporary (and, dare I say, smug?) satisfaction of being bigger and stronger, and yet having no clue what awaits him when that gap narrows in a few years...

 But for now... the Kingdom is saved! Victory!

And yes, more grilled cheese.


I mean, it kinda serves Casey right.  Yesterday, I was getting after him for throwing a fit about one thing or another, and he said, "Oh!  I'm sorry, Mama.  But that's a beautiful necklace you're wearing."  Whaaa?... Eh.  Mmmph.   *throwing hands in the air, eyes rolling, giving up, going to sleep*




Meanwhile, back at Ye Olde Genetic Modification Plant.......







P.S.  Saturday night dinner sans Shawn:  Grilled cheese on the couch, Spiderman in the DVD player:


No comments:

Post a Comment