Tuesday, September 4, 2012

That Boy Just Bitch-Slapped My Heart

Without delving too much into the weird, heavy, downward-spiral-type emotions that are plaguing Shawn and I tonight, I thought I'd mention that Colton's first day of school is tomorrow.  His first day of first grade.  He's a full-timer now, and his parents are thoroughly FREAKED OUT.  I was okay earlier today, even a little excited about packing his first school lunch (because that sort of thing really brings out the dork in me)..... but before I knew it, it was time for soccer practice, then dinner, then dessert, then books, then brushing teeth... and suddenly it was time to say goodnight. 

And that boy gave me a big hug and said, "I'm gonna miss you."

And I have been moping around the house ever since.  Because I'M GONNA MISS HIM TOOOOOO!!




(And I'm a little sad that I have to start keeping him clean now.  Pretty sure there's a Brillo pad around here somewhere...)

No comments:

Post a Comment